Sunday, March 24, 2013

Accessories, they matter!

Now that we are finishing up the first floor of the house, I've started to focus on adding some personal touches...

In my former decorating life I kept everything very simple, sparse even; because I have an EXTREME aversion to clutter. I've been known to hang wet towels on hooks inside my closet, purely because hanging them on the back of the bathroom door drives me batty. Not normal, I know.

Towels aside, I'm actually starting to enjoy having a few "things" out here and there.

This morning, I took a few pictures of some of the accessorizing that I've done as of late.

Hope you enjoy! PS - Small, adorable pup not included!

Happy Sunday!


Remy loves the new rug, funky chars and place mats!



Dining table, almost all ready for a dinner party!


Usually I don't love word signs, however this one was so fitting I had to buy it. I also love the vase I found on sale at House 15143 :)


A quick, simple wreath that I made yesterday. The horseshoe door knocker is original to the house, and I've found that it is pretty easy to hang my wreaths from it.....
YES DYLEWSKI crew, that is a "D" ;)


Another fab antique find. It actually works! I think it looks very elegant in our DR. 



I love these. Andrew and I have a soft spot for copper. We really wanted a copper sink but everyone kept steering us away (they aren't easy to care for!). These lanterns are next to our front door, I think they're a nice blend of rustic and classic.... 

This old stool was used to train dogs in the circus! I think it makes a lovely plant stand. RE PURPOSE people, it's fun!


A truly amazing find, a Brunswick Phonograph (c. 1923) that Angie and I picked up on a weekend antique store trip. She was kind enough to help me lug it from the store (twice), load it into a trunk, drive it to my house, and then help me carry it inside. Mad thanks lady, I could not have done it without you!

















No comments:

Post a Comment