Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Crock Pot = Busy Gal's BFF

Alas, the time has come for a non renovation related post. Andrew and I have decided to take a month or so off before we get started on the second floor; however, I'd like to continue to blog so I'll be branching out a tad :)

Aside from home renovation and design, I also really enjoy cooking. I am certainly not a master chef, but I have been working on honing my culinary skills.

To avoid spending a ton of money eating out (isn't good for the wallet, nor the waist line!) I've been planning out all of my meals a week in advance, as well as preparing a "bulk" set of meals on Sunday. I try to make at least one of those meals in the crock pot so I'm not driving myself into a culinary coma (4-5 meals in one afternoon is lofty task!).

http://www.eatingwell.com/  is by far one of my favorite websites for meal ideas. Tonight, I put a quick meal in the crock so Andrew and I would have something yummy for lunch tomorrow.

Eating Well's Wine & Tomato Braised Chicken is quick, easy and extremely tasty. It is also a recipe that calls for several ingredients that I tend to keep on hand (canned tomatoes, garlic, white wine and various spices). Check it out below, happy crock pot cooking!


Gettin' all the necessary ingredients assembled.....

 
Looking delicious!



x0x0x0x



1 comment: