Friday, May 10, 2013

Pottery Barn, I love you.

Good Morning!

Feels great to be at HOME on a this rainy Friday morning. Yesterday was my last day at my previous job, and on Monday I will start fresh in a new position in a completely different industry.

I'd be a massive liar if I said I wasn't slightly nervous. A "good nervous" though, the kind of nervous you get when you feel like you're starting something worth pursuing...

As with all things, we shall see how it goes. Well, hopefully!

I wish I could sit in my new p.j's all day and do nothing, however, I've got  a few things I need to accomplish this morning (drum roll please...!):

Dropping off Marv to be groomed (ugh......always a massive production).....
Getting my hair cut (fresh new do for the new job!)
Tending to a mountain of dry cleaning (this requires an entire paragraph of complaining, see below)

I feel super, SUPER old when I look in my closet and realize that darn near 1/2 of what I own is "dry clean only". Honestly? What the F. Who buys so many garments with ridiculous cleaning requirements (um, yeah - this girl!). After researching the cost of dry cleaning in our town, I vowed to cut back on my purchasing of such items. My vow = out the window.

I swear, I've got 25 things waiting to be done. OUCH!!!!!!! (that, ladies and gents = the sound of my wallet crying).

I wish, with my entire heart and soul that a ZIPS dry cleaner (one of those places that charges $1.99 for everything) would come here. I was be so happy, I'd nearly die.

Until then, I guess I'll be stuck paying $5.99 for a suit jacket! Lameness.

In other news, we're just about ready to start moving upstairs (reno project wise!). Or should I say, I am ready to move upstairs.....

Andrew thinks we should wait until the fall, but I don't think I can stand the old floors upstairs for much longer. They're so hard to clean, and we've got the materials sitting in the basement, which makes me feel totally wasteful. Of course, once they start working upstairs, we will be living in a cloud of dust, which goodness knows will test my patience!

I've decided that if we meet our savings goals for the next few months, I'm buying myself a new sofa (getting crazy now!). I think I've finally found the one, check it out below. Of course, the fabric I've selected is a grade C.....

Alas, Pottery Barn, you own my soul.

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/carlisle-upholstered-sofa/?pkey=ccarlisle-sofas&

Happy Weekend!
x0x0x0x

1 comment: