Sunday, May 5, 2013

muffins, meal planning and rental property snafus....

Good Morning & Happy Sunday!

I'm getting off to a s-l-o-w start this morning as it is nearly 10 am and I'm still in my p.j's (doesn't happen often, I'm trying to enjoy it!).

Andrew and I had a late night at the condo (window emergency, ah rentals...) so I've decided to take it easy this morning.

I baked some cranberry muffins (only turned out so-so) and now I'm planning my weekly meals. Meal planning is something that I always remember my mother doing growing up, and I must say it isn't nearly as fun as it looked back in the day....

I remember watching my mom sit at the kitchen table on Friday evenings with a giant stack of magazines and cook books (pre Google, oh the horror!) combing through page after page looking for healthy meal ideas.

My mother is an excellent cook and completely self-taught. She did some experimenting in those early years, but trial and error has certainly worked in her favor. To this day, I can honestly say that I would prefer a dish prepared by my mother over anything else that you could put in front of me.

With the recent rehab of our kitchen, I've been spending more and more time cooking (I would consider myself to be very much in the "trial and error" phase) and I've got to say I really enjoy it. Maybe one day I'll have a daughter who will help me comb through recipes, with the help of Google of course!

Because my cranberry muffins turned out so-so, I'll include another muffin recipe that I really enjoy :)

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/carrot_banana_muffins.html

If you need help meal planning and you're tech savvy there are several great tech options out there for you, my favorite is found below.

I'm lame so I mostly use good 'ol pen and paper (pen + paper also = FREE!).

Website charge = $9.95 for 8 weeks (worth it!):

=mealplanning&flow=pw,nops&gsc_campaign=ppcmealplan&gclid=CNy82s6R_7YCFccx4AodvycAyg

x0x0x0x



No comments:

Post a Comment