Sunday, March 22, 2015

Well hello there! It's been exactly one month to the day since my last blog post so I guess I can pat myself on the back for doing a wee bit better with keeping up on my posts......

This week was a productive week at Casa de Dylewski as Andrew was had the week off. We took a quick trip to Austin, TX to visit some friends (what an awesome city!) and then I returned to work on Tuesday. Andrew spent the rest of his week off continuing the renovation madness (seriously the more BRAND NEW homes I find myself showing the more I wonder what the heck was/is wrong with us!)......

Now that the larger stuff is done (sans the re do of the master bath which to be honest is pretty much fine just not my style at all) we've spent some time focusing on the "small project with big impact" stuff.

A few weeks ago we turned the "blah" hallway into a focal point by switching it up a bit and painting some light gray/cream stripes:


Then Andrew painted the staircase BRIGHT white (admittedly this had more to do with the fact that I was going to have a nervous breakdown because of how dark the stair treads were - they collected dog fur like a magnet and I honestly was a day or so from having to commit myself):




Then Andrew laid herringbone marble tile on the fireplace hearth. We'd been talking about doing this for a while. I have a serious obsession with all things marble (my taste and budget DO NOT seem to line up). I've always loved the look of marble bathroom tile and once we put it down in the new guest bath I was hooked. It certainly isn't the cheapest way to upgrade the look of your fireplace but it sure does look beautiful! We plan on doing the remaining three fireplaces upstairs (starting with our master bedroom) in the near future.


BEFORE:

AFTER:




Maybe one day we will own one of these "turn key" houses I keep selling....sigh.....


No comments:

Post a Comment