Monday, August 19, 2013

Hubs + Fire pit = S'MORES!

A few weeks ago, Andrew got the brilliant idea to build a fire pit in our backyard.

I'll be honest, I wasn't totally sold on the idea, simply because I'm not the biggest "outdoors woman". I don't like being too hot, or too cold, or rained on, etc.

I do, however, like to eat s'mores.

SO....I  agreed to let him dig a giant hole in the yard.....

And, I've gotta say, it looks AMAZING!

Huge "shout out" goes to Gio for spending his weekend helping Andrew get this thing finished :) What can I say, we've got amazing friends!

Our fire pit fun can be found below - happy marshmallow roasting!

Framing/retaining wall built:



Side picture of the pit (waiting on surrounding stones):



Front (still waiting on stones):


All finished (wine and all!):





1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed. As a professional marshmallow roaster, I would be down with a giant hole in my backyard, too. AND... you mention you aren't an "outdoors woman"... but I never thought you would renovate a home either... and look at you go! People change... and I think this new firepit could have you loving the outdoors. Just bring your bug spray ;-)

    ReplyDelete