Saturday, March 30, 2013

This old chair....

Happy Saturday, I thought this day would NEVER come! Among my usual weekend cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. today I've set my eyes on deciding on what I'll be doing with a spare chair that I found a few weekends ago.....

I bought this baby for five bucks and had no idea what I was going to do with it when I purchased. It had been sitting in the corner of my kitchen for a few days, then I moved it to the living room....

Well folks, I am happy to report that I think I've finally decided what I'll be doing with my amazing find....

Behold the "chair back coat rack" by FaceLift Furniture:

http://dishfunctionaldesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/upcycled-new-uses-for-old-chairs.html

I am ALWAYS looking for my keys, so I'm thinking about modifying this slightly (fewer hooks) to be more of a key holder/dog leash thingy. I've even set my eyes on a little spot for it, above a radiator in the breakfast room. I've got the vision, now I need some supplies and the hubby (I'll admit it - for NOW he is better with power tools).

I plan on making a trip to Lowe's for the hooks and some paint(I'm starting to form relationships with certain employees, true sign that you've become a full-fledged DIYer) later this afternoon.

I've got to decide on a color first. Part of me feels like I should paint it to match the chairs (yellow) but another part of me thinks perhaps I should  play off of the whole statement aspect and make it some crazy color so it stands out - thoughts?

I'm really looking forward to turning this great piece into something that is refreshed, unique and useful!
Pictures of the finished product to follow.....

Good 'ol before:






No comments:

Post a Comment