Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cold Chinese leftovers are on the menu tonight, fab!

Hopefully, we can get the stove installed before I kill someone...

The stress of the renovation is starting to make us both a bit nuts. As I said yesterday, our house is in a completely disgusting state of chaos. I had hoped to keep the renovation contained, but it seems to keep spreading like a damn wild fire, ugh!

To get my mind off of the mess, I've started shopping for our second living room sofa. We have a small sofa, two chairs, coffee table, rug, entertainment unit and some antiques in the living room right now;
however we desperately need more seating so we've decided that an additional sofa is a must.

Thus far, these are my front runners, thoughts?





The leather piece is from Home Decorators, and is at a fabulous price point ($999.00 + $200.00  for shipping). It isn't made of the most swanky leather; however, I think it will suit the space nicely.

The second sofa is from Pottery Barn and clocks in at about $2200.00, which is a bit less palatable...
A few benefits that the Pottery Barn piece has: made in the U.S., lots of fabric/leather options and better feet...

Decisions, decisions.

The bigger pieces in the room look like this (yes, those are antique interior shutters found in the basement of our home!):




So, I'm thinking leather might be our best bet. Not sure I want so many different patterns, colors and fabrics all over the place....

Anyone want to weigh in?!?!?

Thanks all!



1 comment:

  1. PS: Scroll down a few posts and you'll see our sofa pre make over :)

    ReplyDelete